Friday, October 28, 2011

The Passing of George H Miller

George H Miller (1819-1895) was Zella Miller's grandfather. Here is the text of three documents concerning the end of George's life.

Will of George H Miller - Cumberland County Register of Wills, Will Book U, page 331
Last Will and Testament of George H. Miller decd.
I George H Miller of Mechanicsburg County of Cumberland and State of Pennsylvania do make and publish this my last will and testament in manner and form following.
First It is my will that all my just debts and funeral expenses and suitable tombstones to mark my grave be got and paid out of my Estate as soon after my decease as possible by my executor hereinafter named.
Item I give and bequeath all my property real personal and mixed to my daughter Susanetta Gross wife of Henry M. Gross of Mechanicsburg.
Lastly, I nominate, constitute, and appoint my daughter Susanetta Gross my executor of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all former wills by me heretofore made: but declaring this to be my last.
In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 16th day of November AD 1894
                                                 George H. Miller

Obituary, Mechanicsburg Free Press, Saturday, January 26, 1895, page 3
Death of George R Miller
George R Miller, aged 75 years, 6 months, and 2 days, died at the home of his daughter, Mrs. H.M. Gross, North Arch Street, on Thursday at 6 am. The deceased was a native of Upper Allen Township and has resided in town for several years. He was a member of Eureka Lodge, F. and A.M. and will be buried with Masonic honors at Cocklin's graveyard. Funeral at 1 o'clock today; services by Rev. J.M. Runkle.

Death Record, Cumberland County Death Records
922
Name,                       George H. Miller
Male of Female,         Male
Color,                        White
Age,                           75 years
Married or Single,       Married
Place of Birth,            Upper Allen Twp. Cumb. Co.
Occupation,               Gentleman
Date of Death,           January 23 1895
Place of Death,          Mechanicsburg
Street and No. where Death
Occurred,                  North Arch St.
Cause of Death,        Paraletic Stroke
Duration of last illness,  3 months
Place of Interment,      Cocklin Graveyard
Date of Interment,      January 25 1895
When Recorded,       May 25 1895

No comments:

Post a Comment